Friday, February 13, 2009

Red Landscape

Who would have thought that this painting, which I put into "time out" because I thought it was too bold, would end up becoming so popular? Both of my children are claiming it, so I have had giclees made to appease them, and it was selected for a national exhibit (Oklahoma Art Guild's Oklahoma Friendly Show). I seem to work in two opposing palettes--soft pastels and bright reds and oranges. I am told by other artists that this is okay, and I am not bi-polar! I have painted two more red landscapes and can still paint the soft florals, so I guess my personality is stable. Anyone who would like giclees of the paintings on my blog can contact me at pharris220@sbcglobal.net

1 comment:

jmelton said...

Pat - This one is my favorite. I love the brilliant orange colors. Great job on the entire blog.

Jack